Sunday, September 11, 2011

TEMPLE to TEMPLE

 What a great way to start Labor Day morning, we woke up early and drove up to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to participate in the Temple to Temple Steeplechase race.  Steve and the kids did this one last year while I was in Virginia Beach participating in a Half Marathon.  I was actually kind of jealous that they had done such a neat race, so as soon as I heard that registration for this had opened I made sure we were doing it.
The kids took off and Steve hung out with me in the rear of the pack.  It is actually a pretty cool course.  I would like to do it more often.  We caught up with the kiddos at the finish which was at the Jordan River Temple, 5 miles later.  I think one of the best parts of doing these races with the kids is seeing that look of accomplishment in their eyes.

1 comment:

Mikki said...

LOVE IT!!!! I really am sad I missed this one. You are look great@