Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Snow of the Season

Every Saturday for the past month it has been rainy and a couple of those days it even snowed a little, but did not really stick. This morning as I walked down the stairs I heard Christmas music playing on the stereo. And as I walk toward the back door what did I see? My yard covered in a blanket of snow. It was beautiful but I am not sure I am ready to put away the capris and flip flops.

The kids were so excited for the snow this morning that they ate their breakfast and then went out to the garage to find the snow suits, gloves and boots. Then out they went to have a snowball fight. Katie rolled a large snowball and left it in a shaded area of the yard to preserve her treasure while we were at church.

It was a beautiful and fresh morning. Most of the snow has melted now and all that are left are the few snapshots I took this morning and our anticipation of more snow in the up coming months.

No comments: