Wednesday, December 08, 2010

DECEMBER DAILY: Day 4

Mom and I got up and dressed and went out to do some Christmas shopping. We don't get the opportunity to go out just the two of us. We hit TaiPan, then worked our way over to ShopKo, then HobbyLobby and finally stopped at South Jordan Christmas Boutique . There was lots of cute stuff. I had never been to that gift show, but was pleasantly surprised. It reminded my of the one that happens at the South Towne Center in November, but not nearly as large. So grateful I had Saturday to spend with mom, Definitely hope we have the opportunity to do again, SOON. The kids and I finished out our day by going to the Ward Christmas. It was pretty low key. It was held at the Stake Center. Pot luck dinner and then the Kearns High School Madrigals came and performed for us. Most of the program was just a standard choir singing, but towards the end they performed an interesting rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas. Unfortunately I will be unable to do it justice if I were to explain it, but I will tell you my kids have "performed" it several times since the event. Steve even stopped by and had some dinner after getting out of work. It was nice to be there together as a family, even if it were only for a few moments.

No comments: