Saturday, May 23, 2009

SPRING CONCERT


This school year Zack decided to try playing a new musical instrument. He had taken piano lesson since he was in 1st grade, but he began to lose interest with it. I was not sure how he would take to another instrument. And neither Steve nor I had ever taken band, so I was not sure how I would be able to help him.
It has been fun to listening to the progress in Zack's mastering the Oboe. he spent most school afternoons up in his bedroom practicing various pieces and much to mine and Steve surprise we could recognize the songs. And even better was how happy he seemed with himself and his accomplishment.
All his hard work culminated in the Spring Concert. His beginning band group played 3 pieces
AMERICAN FOLK TRILOGY #2
THEMES from HARRY POTTER
AFTER BURN
It was wonderful to listen to them all play and I am so stinkin' proud of my big guy!!!

No comments: