Sunday, July 03, 2011

KISS ME DIRTY

BEFORE the RACE, CLEAN and PRISTINE
I participated in a different kind of race this week...a MUD RUN.
My friends, Jennifer and Mikki, talked me into signing up for this cool race series named "KISS ME DIRTY".  HOLY COW!!!  This has every other race I have every done beat!!!  I was so afraid there would be a 12 foot wall we would have to scale and jump off of.  But quite the contrary, the obstacles were very manageable.  There were walls to climb and puddles to crawl through, but it was hilariously crazy.  I have to admit, having Jennifer and Mikki there to do it along with made it that much more fun.  We were chucking clumps of mud and pushing and pulling eachother into the puddles.  The little streams that we had to traverse were so cold, my feet were cramping up.  In the end there was mud all over our bodies, hair, in the shoes and even in places that were pretty well covered (that's what I discovered when I got home to take a shower). We found out there is another race in August and are planning to do it again.  Who knew physical activity could be so much FUN!!!

If you are curious how some of the course looked here are some pictures the local newspaper took yesterday.

AFTER 4 MESSY MILES of OBSTACLES on WHEELER FARM


No comments: