Saturday, June 18, 2011

RED, WHITE & BLUE JEAN BBQ

 Went to my first Republican fundraiser.  Pop was in town this weekend for the Republican Convention as a delegate and invited the kids and I do go along the night before for this gathering.  It was pretty neat.  After having taught the Constitution class for the last 3 years to fifth graders, it was fun to have my kiddos actually meet the Governor and also one of our Congressmen.  Governor Herbert was quite kind and took a few minutes to talk to my kids and told them about the making of the Capitol Building here in our state and how forward thinking the founders of our state were.  That they were preparing things for their generation.  It was quite an neat talk.  The governor even put his arm around while he spoke...kind of cute.  He was a very nice man.

 Before leaving the park, we stopped for a photo opp with Congressman Jason Chaffetz.  I was proud of how my children conducted themselves. 

No comments: