Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PATRIOTIC PROGRAM

Steve and I went to the 5th Grade Patriotic Program this morning. Katie and Becky both participated. I enjoy the Patriotic Programs probably the most. I love listening to the children sing the Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, the Constitution Song.
The sang a song about the importance of voting. Which gave Becky the chance to spell out the letter V-O-T-E like a cheerleader
Have you ever just stopped and listened to children's voices. I swear their is just something special that come through those sweet voices. The sang a song, "Thank You, Military" as a video projected images of service people and their families. I was tearing up and I am not sure if it was because of those beautiful voices or the moving images that came off the screen. Katie and Becky were hoping that their Papa Sansevero was going to be there, so he could stand and be recognized as having served and protected our freedom. So I want Pop to know that we thank him too...

No comments: