Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring's Day Off

This morning we woke to a reminder that even though the calendar may say it is spring, we are not "officially" there. The nearly green lawn was covered in a blanket of white fluffy snow. Those beautiful daffodils and hyacinths had little cap of snow that locked their vibrant colors. When you brushed a little of the snow of those the contrast of those bright colors against that white snow was just breathtaking. Steve took this neat photo this morning so I could blog just how beautiful it is.

The kids are back in school and everything seems to be going smoothly. We have not had too hard a time transitioning back into the homework zone. We have parent teacher conferences coming up tomorrow and report cards have been trickling in.


I woke up early this morning. I felt a little bit like a child on Christmas Eve night. You see, today was the Making Memories Warehouse Sale. I loo forward to doing this every year and this year was no exception. I was up and getting dressed at 6:00 am this morning. And since I was not going to pick up my friends Sandra and Suzanne until 8:15, I decided to do another one of my favorite things which is taking advantage of those 10 for 10 Sales that Albertson's puts on. This week's ad had some especially good deals. So by 7:30 I was home with a trunk full of groceries that I had scored.

The Making Memories sale was not a disappointment either. We got to the Warehouse and I feared that we would have to stand out in the snow for an hour as we waited for them to open the doors, BUT they were so kind to us. The allowed us to wait inside the warehouse where it was nice and warm. As we stood in line we scoped out all the items we were interested in. My big find was the paper trimmer I have wanted since September. YIPPEE!!!! They also had tons of their oh so cute ribbon, lots of metal embellishments, so good deals on cardstock and tons of darling rub ons. I definitely stocked up on some great supplies and should not need to go shopping for a while.

No comments: