Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mother's Day



Usually I totally enjoy my Mother's Day, but unfortunately this year I was sick. Friday I awoke with some "creeping-crud" and it stuck with me through the weekend.

Steve got up and made me breakfast in bed. My favorite omelet and a cup of hot cocoa. He brought it on a try with the Sunday paper. A little while later Steve returned with the kids in tow to deliver my Mother's Day goodies.

He had gotten together with the kids and made these cute butterflies. (A little background...Last year he made a wooden flower using the kids hands as the different petals and then his own hand as the leaves on the stem.) So this year he used the kids feet which were traced to make up the wings. Then added headshots of each child and then the cut and decorated everything. I thought they were so stinkin' cute.

The Steve brought me a new cushion for my chaise lounge outside. The dog ripped my old one. And he also got me another Michael Buble CD.

I missed church that day, but sent the kids. I spent most of the day napping and trying to get over my cold. Once Steve got home he made dinner for all of us.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a thoughtful husband that makes me feel so appreciated and loved...Not just on Mother's Day, but every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet and precious are they!! Happy belated Mother's day!!

Sofia said...

How sweet of your hubby to do all that.