Sunday, May 07, 2006

Scrapbook USA Expo


This weekend was Scrapbook USA Expo in Sandy. I love doing this so much. Friday was "EARLY BIRD". Dayna and I head to South Towne Center at 7:45 am and got in line with the rest of the scrapbook enthusiast. Suzanne joined us before the doors officially opened. The doors opened at 9:00 am and we found a table, parked our croppers and began seeking out the bargains. My favorite vendor was Lil' Davis. Everything in their booth was $1.00. OH MAN!!! That rocked my world. Scrapworks had some pretty cool bargains on some of their older lines. The I found the Fancy Pants store. I actually had never even heard of Fancy Pants until I signed up for classes. They have some of the coolest chipboard and their ribbons and rubons are beautiful. They did not have any HUGE bargains, but I did stock up on the chipboard. I took two classes on Friday: SEI-Album in a Box using the Twitterpated line and FANCY PANTS-Chipboard Album. Jill and Tiffany joined us. It was a fun evening. We cropped and shopped until midnight and then headed home.

Saturday morning I got up and showered and then got Steve and the kids off on their camping trip. Dayna came and picked me up at 8:15 am and we were off for round two. It was a little more mellow, but still just as fun. I took two more classes on Saturday: REFLECTIONS-Paper Bag Travel Album and SCENIC ROUTE-Card holder and 4 cards (this was my favorite class. I {heart}Scenic Route)

I did a little cropping and got to say hi to Stacy Julian. She was there teaching a Make & Take. I just totally dig her. I love her whole philosophy on scrapbooking. She is also just a totally neat lady. I have met her a handful of times, even got to share a shuttle with her to the airport last year, but she actually remembered who I was. That made me feel so good. Before long 6:00 pm had arrived I had to go home. It was nice and quiet and I spent most of the night trying to get all my goodies put away.

I highly recommend the is show to anyone that feel like coming. It is a BLAST. The next one is in September.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun!!! Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun event -- I have a UT friend who was also going. So glad you got to meet up with Stacy again -- how awesome that she remembered you!