Sunday, January 24, 2010

FINALLY got to get some scrapbooking done. I registered a few months ago for a charity crop that would benefit the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation. I sometimes plan things months ahead and when the event arrives, I question my sanity for schedule one more thing in our busy life, but this was not one of those times. I so needed this time to get some of scrapbooking done.
Dayna and I cropped Friday night with our friend Annette (it is her niece that has organized this whole event). Chick-Fil-A and TGIFridays provided some yummy food that evening for us to munch on as we got our creativity on. They played the GLEE cd, which I totally enjoyed. There was some conversations goig one about books and tv shows. I love how a bunch of women, who don't really know eachother. can get together at an event like this and become great friends by the time it is over. I was excited for all the room we had on the tables. Plenty of room to spread out and really look at everything you are working on. Dayna and I got home about midnight after a very productive first day.
I didn't get much sleep that night. Zack had to get up early to go with his Deacon's Quorum to do temple baptisms. So of course I woke up and made sure he was ready to go at 5:30. It was pointless to try and fall back to sleep, so I thought about the pages I would be working on that day as I dressed and had breakfast. When I arrived at the crop, Einstein bagels and juice was waiting for us. We got our registration packets which included a cute beaded charm on a long necklace chain for each lady. We also had the chance to purchase raffle tickets.
There was free product handed about about every hour and there was also raffle drawings as often. There were donations from so many vendors. It was fun to see what would be handed out or won every paper packs, flair, stickers, stamp sets, jewelry, wall vinyl, tools...

Lunch was also brought in from Olive Garden and for dinner we were treated to Pulled Pork from Texas Roadhouse. Definitely quite a treat. I tried the whole day to stay focused on my projects. My number one priority was getting our vacation album done from the California/Cruise that we did in December. The goal was to get as many pictures in my 10x10 album as possible and all my different pieces of memorabilia. I used my new Bind-It-All machine once all the pages were done.

With a couple hours of time left and the vacation album done, I decided to pull out an album I began in a Teresa Collins class in November. It was a gratitude album. So glad I brought it and was able to finish off one more project. It also gave me a little time to think about all that I have been blessed with in my life. Unfortunately, doing this made we want to get home and be with my family. So I actually left the event about an hour before it all came to an end.
This was a well put on event. I look forward to next winter and hopefully I will get to be there for their 4th annual crop.

No comments: