Friday, December 30, 2005

Mommy and Her Girls

My mom emailed this picture to me. It is my favorite picture so far from Christmas. From left to right it is Becky, Belle, Me and Katie. I am so proud of my little girls. These are the dresses I got for the girls to wear on Christmas to church. They all looked so beautiful. I am so terribly blessed. There is not a picture of Zack, but it was just as handsome.

I saw this year in review on some other blogs and thougth I would give it a try. Hope you enjoy!!

JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?: To get published and to cook more meals for my family.
2. Who kissed you at midnight?: Steve of course
3. Did it snow where you live?: I don't remember if it actually snowed, but it would be safe to assume there was snow on the ground
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?: Nope, and honestly don't really want to...too many people. I like my New Year's kind of quiet with my hubby alone

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine?: Steve, we do the 14 days of Valentines beginning on the 1st.
2. What did your valentine get you?: Steve made me a desk with the drop front to keep me paper work and such in.
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?: Yes. I remember filling them out and giving special ones to those "special" boys.

MARCH
1. Are you Irish? No, mostly Italian
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?: Nope, never been into that. I have flashbacks of getting pinched when I was little for not wearing green so now I boycott
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day?: Nothing

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain?: I love listenign to it at night with the window cracked open a little bit. And if there is thunder and lightening I am into it alittle bit more
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?: No, never really been into that either (this is making me think I am a boring person)
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?: No, I think I was dieting at Easter time

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?: I LOVE gardenias
2. Do you like the spring? I love watching the flowers and trees come back to life in the spring, but my fav season is Fall
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring...": May Flowers
4. What would you think of as a spring color?: Lilac

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school?: High School was 1990
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?: Steve and I went to Rhode Island at the beginning of the month for Steve's parents anniversary

JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? We go camping the weekend before, so were camping with friends of ours
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?: It seems like we were off doing something all month long. Chip got married in Vegas so we spent the weekend there, my cousin Lacy got married at the end of the month so went away for that.

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?: Suzanne and I went to CKU the weekend before school started.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?: The road trip with Steve to and from Vegas. I love just talking with Steve. We sometimes have the best converstions on road trips
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?: No, I am usually poolside
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?: Nope...We live in Utah

SEPTEMBER
1. Any fun trips for Labor Day?: The week after Labor Day Steve and I went to Yosemite and I went on my 1st 9 mile hike.
2. What did you do once your children were back in school?Scrapbooked a little more in the middle of the day, and started working in my ward's primary presidency.
3. Did you like fall better than summer?: Oh Yeah!!! Fall is my favorite seaon.

OCTOBER
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?: I made a Dorothy costume for me and a Scarecrow costume for Steve about 6 years ago.
2. What's your favorite candy?: Reese Peanut Butter Cup
3. What did you dress up like this year? A mom passing out candy to trick-o-treaters

NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving?: My mom and dad's house
2. Do you like stuffing?: Not really
3. What are you thankful for?: Being a mom, my children, a wonderful loving husband, our home, my friends and the gospel

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?: Yes, all parts of it
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?: Yes, but I don't need it anymore. Steve kisses me plenty
3. What do you want this year for Christmas?: This year I wanted a new digi camera, a Sizzix machien and an iPod
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?: I remember when I was 6 getting a Shaun Cassidy nightgown and I totally loved it. I also got a handwritten cookbook the year after my grandmother died with all her recipes.
5. Do you like cold weather?: Only if it is snowing and I can snuggle by the fire with Steve and drink some hot cocoa
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10?: This was definitely a 10!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture!!

Congrats to you on a 10 year! Here's to another 10 year for you in 2006!!