Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!!

This morning the kidlets woke up to little stuffed animals and candy hearts lined up in the kitchen. They were tickled. I enjoy doing something special for the kids on Valentine's Day. I think it is something I remember from when I was a little girl. My mom would have a card or a small figurine set out on the counter for us to find before we left for school. I had the best of intentions to make a big breakfast this morning, but decided I wanted to sleep in a little bit. I'll have to make it up to the family at dinner time. My first Valentine was a homemade card from Ysabelle. It was cute: construction paper and hearts cut out by hand and then lace glued around the edge. The Steve came down and gave me a card. My big gift for Valentine Day is tickets to the Michael Buble concert in March. I am just tickled more than I can say. I love his voice and the fact that Steve is willing to sit through this concert all night is one of the sweetest things he has ever done for me. I did not buy antigen quite so nice for Steve, just a reader for his laptop. I am hoping tomight Steve and I will have some alone time later on and be able to have our "romantic time" then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Valentine's Day present! My present is tickets to a Rob Thomas concert in March. Can't wait!

Jana said...

Happy V day to you! Thanks for visiting my blog today, I always love when new folks stop by. Oh, my hubby is a Steve also!! I love the word "kidlets".....it made my giggle.