Sunday, June 03, 2007

My 35th Birthday

Steve asked a few weeks before my birthday what I wanted to do. His parents would be here for the weekend before it and his brother, Scott, was coming the day after it. I had said I would be happy with anything. And then he asked if I would like to have a parent and he mentioned bowling. So he printed out some invitations and delivered them to a few of our friends (left-right: Derek and Stacey, Wendy and Ken, Sandra, Me and Steve, Ryan and Dayna) right and planned the whole thing for Tuesday, May 29 at the All-Star Lanes in Sandy.

He was even thoughtful enough not to just get some plain birthday cake from Albertson's, but ordered a cake from Cold Stone with cake batter and Heath Bar...YUMMERS!!!!!! He stashed in a cooler and even brought a large knife and paper plates to serve up the delicacy.

The men enjoyed seeing just how fast they could huck the bowling ball down the lane. Derek even took a running start to send his ball down the lane. I think the fastest we saw was about 23 MPH...it is definitely not a very accurate way to play, but quite entertaining. It was a fun way to spend my birthday. They are all great people and I a so blessed to have such great people in my life.





1 comment:

Costa Rica Baby! said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday "dear" Nikkinunu! Happy birthday to you!!!!
Hope you enjoyed it! I always remember that your birthday is this time of year. How can I forget the horrible sunburn from Big Bear!!! Noxema still makes me sick to my stomach! :)