Tuesday, December 07, 2010

DECEMBER DAILY: Day 3

I received a Facebook message from one of my friends in Maine. She expressed her surprise in not having received a Christmas card from me yet. I am sure that for many friends that have known me for YEARS, this was quite surprising. I usually have those cards in the mail the day after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I came down with a yucky cold during Thanksgiving and EVERYTHING in my life fell behind a week and those cards also fell victim, but Friday morning I got up and addressed all the envelopes to the people in my address book and slid the cards I had ordered from Pear Tree Greetings, placed the stamps on and they off to their intended recipients. This year I chose to order my cards from online. For years I have done a full page letter and have even made our cards, but this year I decided I wanted to simplify the process a little. I LOVE the CHRISTMAS CARD portion of the holidays and am not willing to go entirely cyber. I hope my friends are not too disappointed in the evolution of my Christmas cards.
Mom and Pop drove up from Ferron. We went to Festival of Trees which was being held at the South Towne Center. I think it is a fun way to start off the holiday. There are hundreds of trees decorated in various color schemes, themes, materials...many of which are dedicated to someone's loved one. The stories behind the trees are so moving. The trees are bid on in a silent auction and the proceeds are donated to Primary Children's Hospital. Such an incredible event. It is breathtaking to walk into the room and see the sea of trees, wreaths, and gingerbread houses.





So happy that my parents live close enough that we get to have these moments together.

No comments: