Friday, December 10, 2010


Usually the thing I look forward to the most on Mondays is going bowling, but this Monday was double fun...after bowling I went home and freshen up, picked up my crockpot of Taco Soup, and the handmade ornaments and headed off to Alicia Bresock's house for an ornament exchange party. This was my 2nd year being invited and I was hoping that Alicia would be hosting this again.

First we started with the luncheon portion of the day. There were 4 yummy soups a delicious green salad, rolls and lot s of yummy goodies (which I hated not getting to sample). The conversation was fun. I have been so blessed to have really gotten to know these women very well in the last few years.

Then it was time to exchange out ornaments. This was definitely a gathering of extremely creative ladies. Some of the ornaments that were made was a glass mirror that was etched with the word BELIEVE, a wooden CANDY CANE, a cute triangular SNOWMAN, my paper PINECONE,another SNOWMAN whose hat was made with an old sweater, 2 ornaments that had beautiful,old KEYS and greenery on them. One of the most remarkable ones was of a shepherd boy. He was had painted: face, body, was BEAUTIFUL!!!

After the exchange was over we gathered in the kitchen and visited a while longer then gathered up our stuff and headed out the door. This is where my day took a terrible turn. I was having so much fun. My friend Mikki is one of the funniest people I have ever come in contact with. We both got to the front door with our hand FULL and found it nearly impossible to open the door to get to the cars. I was laughing so hard. We finally got out the door. I made it down the stairs, carrying my crockpot with the soup, my camera hanging around my neck and my ornaments...I looked back at Mikki who was saying something funny (which I can't remember what it was now) and I stepped on an uneven piece of Alicia's sidewalk and down I went....TACO SOUP AND ALL!!!!

I landed right on my left knee and scraped my elbow. Everyone of my friends were also loading their stuff into their cars and got to witness my "graceful" exit. The rushed over to see if they could help. I was crying, but also laughing at the same time and couldn't quite stop. I had taco soup on my nice white sweater, in my hair and it covered Alicia front porch. I was not sure what hurt the most when I got pride or body. I did realize what wonderful friends I have. The rest of the day I spent at home taking naproxen wearing my pjs and was fielding phone calls and emails from the ladies who wanted to make sure I was okay and if there was anything they could do.

1 comment:

Costa Rica Baby! said...

What an awful fall...especially with everyone watching. Then to know you have such great friends...that had to lesson the hurt pride. :D