Thursday, November 22, 2007

Horton Pie Night

Every year our neighbors, the Horton's, invite friends and neighbors to their house the day before Thanksgiving for pie and visiting. We have lived here for 4 years and have not missed a pie night yet. My friend, Wendy, spends two days making all the pies. There is such an assortment...Reese's Pie, Chocolate Ribbon, Lemon Meringue, Banana Cream, Pecan...

That's quite a task that she takes on. I enjoy the pie, but really enjoy the chance of talking with neighbors that I don't see as often. Steve didn't come with me this year, so I had a piece of Pecan Pie cut and reserved to take home to him.

My kids took full advantage of all the desserts... Zack had 7 slices of pie and Becky devoured 4 slices of the Chocolate Ribbon Pie. At one point Becky looked up at Wendy and said,

"I'll have to lay off of the sweets for a week after this!!"

No comments: